Thursday, May 15, 2008

Torn Between PCMC and UST




We talked to my doctor, Dr. Matias regarding the case of my Baby last Monday, May 12. She is recommending a physician that will be present during my delivery and also will take care of my Baby's operation. The said physician is affiliated with PCMC, Philippine Children Medical Center, a government owned hospital that specializes in taking care of children. Since it is government-owned corporate, the expenses will not be that expensive. My doctor cannot give any projected price yet since she is not aware of the particular operations needed. Besides, we can only know the types of operation we need to have once the Baby gets out.

My husband has a cousin working in UST. He is also recommending another doctor who will help us with my Baby's operation. He estimated an expense of half a million for my Baby's case, but it will decrease to Php200000 if he will apply our case to the charity program of UST. We haven't talk to any of the UST doctors yet, that's why we cannot decide which hospital. But from what I heard they have good doctors and will surely take care of my Baby.

Our dilemma is that I like my OB so much and i'm very comfortable with her. Plus, she is affiliated with Intellicare the health card that I am using. My pre-natal and post-natal is free which is of a big help especially that my check-up is scheduled twice a month. But UST has a good reputation and we know somebody, a relative who can surely help us with whatever issues that we may encounter.

If you have any suggestions or any experiences from this two hospitals that can help us decide, please PM or leave a comment to my blog.

1 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Edabelle's Site Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang