Friday, December 23, 2016

Rant of an Emotional Mom





It was one of those afternoon calls I make to my Little Girl to chit-chat on her day at school.  I was eager to make this one because she just attended her school's Christmas party.  However, I was troubled when my upbeat "How's your day?" was answered with a dejected "It was fine."

Then I found out she cried during the party because the kid who picked her name wasn't able to make it. At this point, my heart ached for her but it shattered to pieces when I saw pictures of kids opening their gifts. Imagine this, 30 or so kids opening their gifts, shrieking with laughter upon seeing their newly gotten possession, running around wildy to show it off to their friends and there in one corner of the room, there's your Little Girl with nothing on her hands, feeling left out with the chaos going on around her.  (That may be an exaggeration on some parts but I'm a mom and she's just six who happens to be as emotional as I am.)

Yes, the teacher gave her lots of prizes upon knowing she cried (I am grateful for that). Yes, she will receive the gift come January (which I don't wish to receive anymore). But that moment of being left out?!?! It will never be undone.

Anyhow, those events did not inspire me to write this but today's events did.  It was our company's Christmas party earlier and of course I participated on the exchange gift activity. We had this wishlist and I listed Shopkins for my Little Girl.  Now, I don't want to pretend do be an all out selfless mom here because truth be told, I wished for an eyebrow pencil first. 😂😂😂

So, I changed it and I'm so glad I did. When all gifts were distributed we were asked to open our gifts at the same time. And there, while watching my Little Girl opening my gift,  I felt that she finally got her moment.  I was overwhelmed on how happy she was, how she keeps on telling me she really had a great time and she's so glad that I tagged her along.

Like i've said, what happened on her school's party cannot be undone but I hoped it will be replaced with good memories such as this one.

Thank you Dhors for giving what I have written on my wishlist. Thank you Lea for buying an extra gift for Kenzi. Thank you guys!😘

As for my Little Girl, I hope the experience makes you tough. It saddens me I can't protect you from all the pain in this world but know my child I'll be here to make your world a little bit better.

As for walking I-don't-care-piece-of-sh*t-pretending-to-be-human-beings out there...I hope my children will never cross paths with your kind.

0 comments:

 

Edabelle's Site Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang